2018 MAC Improvements
- USA Dance NY Chapter Board
- Sep 16, 2017
Dear Competitors, Spectators, Vendors and Volunteers,
We would like to thank the 120 of you who took the time to submit the post-competition survey to the Greater NY Chapter of USA Dance after the Manhattan Amateur Classic 2017. This has been our third year offering a post-competition survey, and we believe your honest responses are invaluable in making the MAC successful and enjoyable in the future.
With this goal in mind, we would like to address some of your major concerns and highlight the ways in which the MAC will continue to move forward in 2018 and beyond.
The venue continues to be well received from the majority of our competitors and spectators and we are happy to report that we will be returning to the Hyatt in Jersey City.
We understand the need for the competition to be easily accessible for everyone via public transportation, car, plane and train. We chose The Hyatt as it is located less than 100 feet from the first PATH train station from Manhattan and just a few stops on the PATH from Newark Airport.
There are many restaurants located within five blocks of the Hyatt for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a 24-hour diner. We will be providing a list of the local food options to competitors and spectators to help easily identify nearby options.
- Based on your responses we have moved the competition from Friday-Sunday to a Saturday-Monday schedule. This will allow us to have a Social Dance with performances by professionals and amateurs alike. This social will be a fundraiser for The MAC which will enable us to move forward onto 2019 on a secure financial footing. Please plan on attending.
- There will be two practice rooms so that everyone will have the space they need to warm up prior to the their event
- The ballroom is to be more decorated and have better lighting
- The competition will have a monitors in the on-deck room as well as in the on-deck area.
- We shall continue to have one of the best possible judging panels of any competition in the US, and we will push for more female judges, along with more judges who have a background in the American Style
- Dressing rooms will be better equipped with more chairs and racks to hang costumes.
We are very excited that we shall be returning to the Hyatt this upcoming year! We hope to see you at the next MAC on January 12-15, 2018!
Board of the Greater NY Chapter of USA Dance